So this Thanksgiving was at once low-key and festive at the same time. Rather than the big family Thanksgiving with the cousins, aunts and uncles, we had a few friends over. The family tradition of doing a 5K/10K continued though with the addition of my mother and my uncle walking the 5K. FAMILY REPRESENT!
- The wine – all four bottles of it. Drank an awesome prosecco with the cheese course and a delightful sweeter sparkling with dessert and three bottles in-between.
- The turkey! – I’ve got it DOWN. It came out perfectly moist and flavorful. The key was making the butter rub and rubbing down the turkey two days ahead.
- The vegetarian stuffing – infuse you vegetable stock with the soaking liquid from soaking dried mushrooms.
- The GRAVY! Yay West Coast Rebecca for her mad gravy skillz and YAY marsala wine. It was the platonic ideal of gravy.
- The pumpkin pie from WCR. She did the impossible – made pumpkin pie from fresh pumpkin which didn’t taste like squash.
- The risotto which kind of got more congealed and overcooked. However, it made perfect risotto cakes the next day.
- The grilled radicchio. That didn’t even make it to the table. The grilled made the radicchio SOOOO bitter and burnt. It was inedible.